What is Devi Katyani Puja?
Sage Katyan performed severe penance to Ma Bhagwati for having Ma Durga as his daughter. Finally his wish was granted and Ma Katyani took birth in her clan due to which she is referred by this name. It is also said that katyan was the first one to worship Ma Katyani, which bestowed her with this name. She is the powerful and fierce form of Goddess Durga, who took birth to end the misery created by demon Mahishasura in the abode of Gods. Devi Katyani is a pious form of daughter as well as a righteous deity who can opt any means to end the deceitful entities. Devi Katyani, having three eyes and four arms is a perfect way to achieve Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. Devi Katyani is also called as the Queen of Braj as she was worshipped by the gopis to get Lord Krishna as their husband.
Significance of the Puja:
Worshipping Goddess Katyani on the sixth day of navratri is considered auspicious to achieve the Agya chakra state. Her vibrant image is a sign of achieving bliss, love as well as conscious to fight against evil. Goddess Katyani is widely worshipped by unmarried girls to receive a loving and perfect partner like Lord Krishna. Manglik Dosh in kundalis and its malefic effects can be solved by this puja. Any kind of delay or marital issues can be resolved by worshipping Ma Katyani, truly and deeply from heart.
How will this puja be done by Shubhpuja?
- Devi Katyani Puja is a divine way to fulfil the blissful married life wish, which can become easier for you by performing the puja by our experienced Vedic scholars. Devi Katyani idol is placed on a red colour cloth and sankalp is taken. By lighting the diya and offering red colour flowers, mantras are chanted with devotion to receive her grace.
ll Chandrahaasojhwala karaa Shardhula varavaahana,
Katyayani shubham dadyath devi danava ghathinee ll
- Unmarried girls should chant the mantra early morning after bath and pray to the idol of Ma Katyani by performing fast.
ll Om Katyani Mahamaye maha Yoginyadeshwari
Nandgopisutam Devi Patim me Kunte Swaha ll
When should this puja be performed?
The nine day festival falls in the Ashwin month of Hindu calendar during the onset of winters generally in October or November. On the sixth day of this festival, Ma Katyani Puja is performed for receiving her blessings and spreading her aura all around.
Puja ceremony includes:
Devi mata havan
Vrat Udayapan puja
Navratra durga pujan arti
We will send you a qualified pandit trained in Hindu Shastras to conduct puja at Devotees preferred location (home, office etc.) and time (or muhurat time suggested by Shubhpuja).
We have Acharyas from biggest religious organisations, educational institutes, Sanskrit Vidyapeethss, highly revered priests from Benaras, Ujjain, Haridwar and other parts of the country. We have all educated and verified astrologers associated with Shubhpuja.
We combine science and mathematics in the Vedic practices and deliver our services
- After you have made the booking, we will send you a confirmation email about your puja details
- This puja is fully customized for you with your details and objectives to be achieved from the puja
- We will send you a list of do’s and don’ts to be observed by you for the Puja. You can attend the puja LIVE through the link provided by us and we will share the puja location and details
- You may also choose to attend the Puja personally or have a representative attend the Puja
If you live outside Delhi NCR, we can conduct Online Live pujas.