What is Devi Mahagauri Puja?
The revering pure form of Goddess Durga, worshipped on the eighth day of navratri is a silver lining for her devotees, known for her beauty and softness. “Gauri” refers to clean and pure, so Mahagauri is the bright ray of hope spreading the waves of love in the universe. The severe penance performed by her to receive Lord Shiva as her consort was finally cherished by her in this form, when Lord Shiva cleaned her with Ganga water. Ganga ji acted as an enhancer to the beauty of Goddess Parvati and so her shining white appearance was named as Mahagauri. The elegant and fragile Goddess with four hands is seated on the bull; this serene form is worshipped by the devotees to receive a calm and pure living.
Significance of the Puja:
To achieve the silver lining in one’s dejected life, Devi Mahagauri puja is an effective way to clear the unnecessary dirt from your lives and transform it into an ecstatic experience. Past karmas are forgiven by her hearty worship and leads to the glorious blessings of the Universe. She is the Goddess of generosity and purity who inspires her devotees to make their living on the illuminated path of purity and sincerity. Females (married and unmarried) who perform fast on this day are guaranteed to receive a blissful married life.
How will this puja be done by Shubhpuja?
- The significant reverence on the eighth day can be more fruitful by performing the puja by our highly educated pundits. They are familiar with this sacred ritual and have been practising this art since many years. The idol of Goddess Mahagauri is bathed with water, milk and curd after which she is adorned with new clothes. Sandalwood and vermilion are applied to it. Goddess Mahagauri is worshipped by offering a red colour stole to her idol along with fruits, flower garlands, sweets, betel leaves, cardamom and cloves. Prasadam is offered to her while chanting the mantras followed by worshipping the kalash.
- Kanya pujan is also performed by offering delicious foods to nine little girls, which are paid the reverent homage, considering them the nine forms of Mata Durga.
ll Shwete Vrishe Smaarudha shwetambardhara shuchi,
Mahagauri shumbh, dadhyanammahadevapramodadaa ll
When should this puja be performed?
The nine day festival falls in the Ashwin month of Hindu calendar during the onset of winters generally in October or November. Ashtami of the nine day festival is considered most auspicious to perform this puja along with kanya puja ceremony. This day is perfect to receive as much glory as you can from the Navdurga forms.
Puja ceremony includes:
- Devi mata havan
- Vrat Udayapan puja
- Navratra durga pujan arti
We will send you a qualified pandit trained in Hindu Shastras to conduct puja at Devotees preferred location (home, office etc.) and time (or muhurat time suggested by Shubhpuja).
We have Acharyas from biggest religious organisations, educational institutes, Sanskrit Vidyapeethss, highly revered priests from Benaras, Ujjain, Haridwar and other parts of the country. We have all educated and verified astrologers associated with Shubhpuja.
We combine science and mathematics in the Vedic practices and deliver our services
- After you have made the booking, we will send you a confirmation email about your puja details
- This puja is fully customized for you with your details and objectives to be achieved from the puja
- We will send you a list of do’s and don’ts to be observed by you for the Puja. You can attend the puja LIVE through the link provided by us and we will share the puja location and details
- You may also choose to attend the Puja personally or have a representative attend the Puja
If you live outside Delhi NCR, we can conduct Online Live pujas.