Duration – Daily for 9 Days (2nd to 10th April 2022)
- Chandi Paath during Navratri is the ultimate puja for seeking blessings of Goddess Durga. During 9 days of puja various forms of Adi Shakti (Eternal Power) are worshipped. It fulfils all worldly desires of devotees bestows power,wealth and prosperity .
- It enhances self confidence, vanquishes enemies, removes obstructions,protects against accidents and sudden loss, recovery of money,removes ill effects of black magic and evil eye.In earlier times Kings used to perform this puja to win the war. It bestows extraordinary energy and power to devotee and blesses with magical results.
- Since our mother keeps us for nine months in her womb before we are born, we take these nine days of Navratras to go back to our source. Hinduism is the only religion in the world which has emphasised to such an extent the motherhood of God. Festival is celebrated for nine nights twice in a year. The first Navratri of the year is known as Chaitra Navratra, as it falls in March-April. The second Navratri is held in October-November, which coincides Durga Puja.
- Navratras are celebrated to worship different avatars and forms of Goddess Durga (Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kal-ratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri). To please Goddess Durga, a 9 day fast period is observed. During Navratri pujan, the Durga Sapsati puja and havan with proper procedures and rituals is conducted where each family member gives aahuti and takes blessings from Durga Mata. The Durga puja vidhi and processes need to be properly understood and applied. Therefore, a knowledgeable priest well versed in vedic shastras and process is advised.
- After 8 or 9 days of fasting, Navratra Puja is concluded by Ram Navami puja. On Ashtami (8th) day kanya pujan is performed celebrating power of women . Nine young girls representing the nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshiped and they are offered kala chana (black gram), halwa and puri with dakshina and red chunari as kanchaks.
- Durga Saptashati – mythological book of 700 verses in praise of Goddess Durga, describing prowess and mystic .Puja is concluded with Mahayagya (Fire Ceremony) on last day of Navratra.
1 Day Puja, 9 Days Puja