THE Stories, no one tells you about
Ramba Trtiya, or Rambha Trithiya, is observed mainly in North India on the third day of the Shukla Paksha (waxing phase of moon) in the month of Jyeshta (May – June). The day is dedicated to the Apsara Rambha who had emerged from the ocean during the famous Samudra Manthan – Churning of ocean. She is worshipped on the day by women of some Hindu communities in North India.
History of Rambha Tritiya Fast
Rambha, the Apsara, who symbolically represents womanly loveliness and amiability, is one of the 14 gems that came out from the ocean during Samudra Manthan or Churning of Ocean.
In some regions, Rambha Tritiya is equated with the worship of Goddess Lakshmi. She is propitiated by offering wheat, grain and flowers. The beauty aspect of the goddess is that is worshipped on the day.
Method of Celebration
Ramba Tritiya is dedicated to Sati Savitri Mata. The vrata is performed on Shukla Paksha Tritiya in Jyeshta month. Savitri Puja is the main ritual to observe on this day, the legend of this fast is mentioned in the Skanda Purana. Goddess Parvati kept this fast to get Lord Shiva as her husband. Married women perform this vrat under the banana tree to get its fullest merits. Women worship a pair of bangles which represent apsara Rambha and goddess Lakshmi.
रं रं। रम्भा रं रं देवी
Rm Rm Rambha Rm Rm Devi
Benefits of Offering Puja and Worship of Rambha
It is believed that offering puja and worship to Rambha will help in getting rid of even the worst diseases. Worship of her will help in remain young and healthy. They will look much younger than their age.
People who have the blessing of Rambha will be attractive, beautiful and will be able win over people easily. The person will achieve desire fulfillment.
The person will be able to marry the person of his/her choice.
Some tantrics worship her to learn techniques that will help them in hypnotizing other people.
When to Perform Rambha Puja
Shukla Paksha Tritiya Tithi – the third day during the waxing phase of moon. The most ideal day is the Jyeshtha Shukla Paksha Tritiya Tithi.
How to Perform Rambha Puja?
· The puja should be performed facing east looking at the rising sun.
· First prayers are to be offered to Ganesha in the mind.
· Water should be offered to Surya.
· The puja in the home should also be performed facing east
· A lamp should be lit in the puja room using cow ghee.
· The offering should include uncooked wheat, red flowers and a seasonal fruit.
· Another unique offering on the day is 24 black bangles.
· Some people also keep payal (anklets), wig and red color worn on feet and hand by women (Aalta) and other beauty products. These are kept on the entire day and removed next day morning and used.
· The Rambha Mantra is to be chanted 108 times.